Sungei Road Laksa


27 Jalan Berseh, #01-100 Jin Shui Kopitiam
Opening hours: 9am to 6pm. Closed on the first and third Wednesday of every month
Google Map

Laksa is a fusion between Chinese and Malay Curries which the Nonya created. This is one dish I have yet to perfect. It is a master piece of all curries and cannot easily be perfected. The amount of coconut added had to be right. 

Laksa is unique in Singapore because there is only one variation in the world today. I have tasted many Laksa around Singapore even some proclaimed Katong Laksa are the best but still not up to my taste bud. 

Back in 90's when I came to this stall, day of Jalan Besar second had trading. I was surprised with their taste, not to strong and not too much coconut taste. Since then parts of Jalan Besar was tron down.  

So back in 2000, I found their stall again and since then this is the only Laksa stall I will come back for more. Their noodles are cut so you only need a spoon and not chopstick. This is probably the only Laksa stall that still uses charcoal to prepare. Served with just cockles and fish cake will do the trick, the chilli sauce is a must add-on. Normally I will asked for my cockles. Their price is still unbeatable and you can have just SGD2.00 a bowl. Best of the Best Laksa out there.    




 Recently they introduced Otaks



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have tried the food or been to this place please give your STAR RATING above.
如果您嘗試過這食物或這去過這個地方,請給您的Star Rating意見。

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...