Getting Taiwan Driving Licence

Finally today I got my Taiwanese Driving and Bike Licences. In 2009 when I tried to apply for it, I was told I would have to take the Theory and Practical Exams for both bike and car because our country and Taiwan did not have any mutual relationship on this matter. Disappointed with the regulations, I applied for International License instead. 

Last year 2011, there were changes in the regulations, all I needed to do was just take the Theory Exam, once pass I can apply for Taiwanese Licence. But I would have to get my country's licence endorsed by Notary Law Firm and later endorsed by Taiwanese Representative Office from my country. So while  I was back in Singapore working for 3months, I made these arrangement which took 2 working days.  

Came back to Taiwan in Dec 2011, quickly applied for the Theory Exam before heading off to Dubai for another assignment on the same month. Somehow I failed the exam just by one question. 

Today I reapplied for the Examination again. The night before the Exam I did an Online Mock Exam. Base on last failure experience, I realised some of the Online Mock Exam questions were not the same as the actual exam. So at the Examination centre, there are 5 Mock Exams computers, tried the Mock Exams 5 times. First time failed so careful read the corrections and tried another 4 more times till I am satisfied before sitting for the actual exam. 

During the exam, I was surprised with the questions. All the questions were nothing related to traffic but instead more on Mechanical related questions, somehow I got 80 marks ....Passed!! Must be my Engineering background that helped. Happily I decided to question the Examiner why these questions were not related to the traffic. After checking, he told me the front desk had mistakenly set my Exam for Heavy Vehicle. WTF!! So what now? Yeah, sat for the corrected Exam second time and PASSED!!!  
  
Finally did it. Now I have both CAR and UNLIMITED BIKE CAPACITY LICENCE...what a delight!!

NOTE: I did not buy any reading material just did both Online and at the Centre Mock Exams. Definitely have to try the Centre Mock Exam questions couple of times.
  
 Need to get this endorsed before applying for Theory Exam

Computer 31, that's me

me in the Examination room with some others 

Not too bad..if my English was bad, this was even worst.

Licenses Application 
Car and Unlimited Bike Capacity Licences

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have tried the food or been to this place please give your STAR RATING above.
如果您嘗試過這食物或這去過這個地方,請給您的Star Rating意見。

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...