新加坡小館咖啡 Singapore Kopitiam

Recently located near to our area. Waited till end of July for renovation to be completed. First time we went there for dinner, we were served with dinner menu. We only wanted to taste two dishes if the taste was as original as back in Singapore but they do not have it so we left. 

Came back few days later and we managed to order Hainanese Chicken Rice and Bak Kut Teh (Pork Rib Soup). These two dishes are the most popular dishes in Singapore. 

Both dishes was served, my first impression of Hainanese Chicken Rice was miserable. For NT120 you get only few slices of Chicken Meat and the rice was hard. Partner's Bak Kut Teh, she commented it was blend, more like soy sauce added to water. 

Before their grand opening, they did mentioned the Chef is a Singaporean but with this standard. Being a Hainanese, I have seen how my grandfather cook Chicken Rice, I even travelled to Sabah to perfect this dish from my Aunt. It is not a difficult dish but to master you have to know the right combination of ingredient. 

I have yet to try their dinner menu, maybe one day we will gather some friends and try it out. As for now they get a low rating.

三民區聯興路48號
80707 392 8795
Google Map




photos of old Singapore

lunch menu

dinner menu

dinner menu

Hainanese Chicken Rice

Bak Kut Teh

3 comments:

  1. I'm Malaysian and living in Kaohsiung. I have yet to encounter any place that serves good South East Asian food. The places I've been in Taiwan are so far not places I'd recommend going back. Looking forward to your further review of this Singapore restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agreed with you...I rather visit the SE Asian supermarket and make my own dishes.

      Delete
    2. I miss Hokkien mee! I can't cook so I'll have to go try the restaurant above in KHH! Will just have to make do lah!

      Delete

If you have tried the food or been to this place please give your STAR RATING above.
如果您嘗試過這食物或這去過這個地方,請給您的Star Rating意見。

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...